According to our experience, there are two main sources of metal contaminants in food raw materials, raw materials, biochemical raw materials, foods and pharmaceutical preparations: one is raw materials and auxiliary materials used in production; the other is mixed in the production process.
Although the production process has strict quality management procedures, such as GMP, HACCP and other quality management practices, the corresponding control measures have been taken for the incorporation of metal contaminants, but they cannot be completely avoided.
1. Metal foreign matter introduced in production equipment. If the equipment is subjected to high temperature, high pressure, abrasion, acid, alkali, organic solvents such as ethanol for a long time, it will be chipped or rusted and will fall off the iron filings. This is the main source of metal foreign matter in the product. Old defective pieces, parts on conveyor belts, broken wires of stainless steel screens, slicers and crusher blades all have hidden dangers of metal foreign matter. Such as the large iron pan of fried tea, the iron scraps that have been worn away for a long time cause the incorporation of metal foreign matter. For example, the mechanical stirring device used in the enamel or glass-lined reactor is cast iron or the screw used is cast iron. Pure water pipes and air pipes, if the method of passivation is not correct or the filter is not checked in time, metal foreign matter will be mixed in.
2. The metal introduced by the raw and auxiliary materials is mixed, such as broken needles in the meat, and the powdery materials are mixed with paper clips, staples, hooks, and the like. Botanicals, animal cartilage or organs are contaminated with metal particles during storage or transportation, and are not cleaned or cleaned at the time of production.
3. Caused by human factors, such as buttons, coins, keys, rings, necklaces, etc.
4. Caused by repairs at the production site, such as forgotten screwdrivers, nuts, screws, welding slag during welding, and metal chips that are not thoroughly cleaned.
5. The production process is defective. For example, some powdered products are not sieved before packaging. Some products, due to their physical properties, can not pass the 80 mesh sieve, only through the 40 mesh sieve.